Copyright @ Panama Canal Authority 2021 – The information, documents, reports, maps and photographs appearing on this site are the property of the Panama Canal Authority; therefore, their modification or alteration, as well as their copying, distribution, transmission, reproduction or publication for commercial or lucrative purposes is prohibited. Their use for commercial or lucrative purposes requires prior express authorization from the Panama Canal Authority.
By accessing, consulting or using this platform, you agree to comply with the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not access or use this platform or the images contained herein.
The Panama Canal Authority is the owner or licensee of all copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the images contained in this platform. By downloading and using them, you agree and undertake to:
- Attribute ownership of the images to the Panama Canal Authority at all times and under any situation or circumstance. This can be done by placing the corresponding accreditation as, for example: “Photo Property of the Panama Canal Authority” or in any other reasonable manner. It may never be suggested or implied, directly or indirectly, that the Panama Canal Authority endorses or supports your company, you or your use.
- Use the images with the identification marks or rights clearance legends that you maintain. These indications may not be removed under any circumstances.
- Not use the images for commercial or for-profit purposes. Such images may only be used in print or online publications for editorial purposes.
- Not to use the images in publications for illicit, abusive, defamatory, obscene or threatening purposes.
- Not to duplicate, alter, distribute, lend, loan, lease or sell the images permitted for use. If requested, you may only crop or resize the images, both low and high resolution, but you may not alter them in any way that constitutes a derivative work. This applies to you, your employees, contractors and subcontractors.
- Use the images only for authorized use. If any modification is required, you must make a prior written request to the Panama Canal Authority.
- Not to use the images to be attributed as part of the content of any other platform or website, through links, without the prior written consent of the Panama Canal Authority.
- Not to use or reproduce the Panama Canal trademark, logo, brand name and/or associates, which are duly registered trademarks owned by the Panama Canal Authority.
The use of the images is governed by the rules of the Panama Canal Authority. In the event of non-compliance with any of the obligations established herein, the use of the images shall be immediately ceased, without prejudice to any legal action, of any nature, that the Panama Canal Authority may deem pertinent.