1. Invoices submitted by contractors must be original
and must contain the following information:
2. Contractors or suppliers domiciled in the Republic
of Panama must accompany their invoices with current and
valid clearance certificates
issued by the Ministry of Economics and Finance, (Internal
Revenue Directory) as well as from the Social Security
Institution. Invoices associated to contracts
or purchase orders lesser or equal to $500.00
are exempt from this requirement.
Causes for Returning Invoices
An invoice is defective and shall be returned when:
1. Does not comply with the requirements above described.
2. The number of the contract or purchase order indicated
on the invoice is mistaken.
3. Makes reference or includes goods or services associated
to more than one contract or purchase order.
As stipulated in the Article 43 of the Panama Canal Authority
Organic Law, all goods object of a contract, consigned
to the Authority and identified as such on the contract
as well as all services rendered to the Authority, are
exempt from the payment of any national or municipal levy,
tax, duty, fee, rate, charge, or contribution.